Sunday, December 28, 2008

To Facebook or not to Facebook...

...that was the question. I had opened a Facebook account some time ago and closed it after 2 days because (a) I couldn't face the thought of keeping up to date with everything going on with my "friends" and (b) I was asked if I wanted to join the Darren Bartlett Fan Club. Now I have nothing against Darren Bartlett, and he has nothing to do with this Fan Club apart from being its subject, but I thought that was too much.

However, in recent days many of my real friends have asked me to join up again, particularly as I have started blogging again. Also, the thought of gate-crashing some of my son Robbie's friends appealed greatly. I was also curious about what I could do on there. So I reactivated my account and took a look around. 10 minutes later I deactivated it again, curiously for the same reason that I left in the first place.

At the end of the day, I feel that it is a truer mark of friends that they come to a page dedicated to me and me alone. If you would like to join the Ian Haylett Fan Club please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love god. love all.